With time ecosystem of sports business has been taken a huge leap and new opportunities are always in the way of these popular sportspersons; their performance, good looks and passionate attitude on the ground gain them huge fan base which increase their valuation among sports management firms and for brands.
Recently Saina Nehwal has signed a deal of Rs.25crore with IOS sport and Entertainment for 2 years. Suresh Raina also quitted his association with Rhiti Sports and Management and signed a Rs.38crore deal with IOS sport and Entertainment for three years. IOS is now managing and guiding endorsements, promotions, appearances, merchandising, licensing, advertisements, contract negotiation, legal advice, player image protection, community involvement and social media profiles of these players. It shows the importance of these firms in the career of these players and how their valuation gets affected by the performance of these firms in the market.
So here we are sharing a list of best and game-changing deals of Sportspersons with sports management firms which happened in the Indian Sports Industry.
- In the year 1995, WorldTel signed Rs.30 crore deal with Sachin Tendulkar for 5 years and made him spearhead of cricket business deals in India.
- In the year 2001, WorldTel signed him for Rs.80 crore for 5 years contract.
- In the year, 2006, Saactchi and Saatchi’s subsidiary signed him for Rs.180 crore for 3 years.
- In this era there was a monopoly of dealings and endorsements ruled by Sachin Tendulkar, even in the year of his retirement from cricket, He was listed as the 51st richest sportsperson by the Forbes list of world’s highest paid athletes in the year 2013.
Brands Sachin has endorsed till now
Pepsi, Action Shoes, MRF, Adidas, Britannia, Fiat Palio, TVS, ESPN Star Sports, Boost, Reynolds, Sanyo BPL, Toshiba, Musafir.com, Coca-Cola, Sunfeast, Canon, Airtel, G-Hanz, Colgate-Palmolive, Philips, VISA, Castrol India, Ujala Techno Bright, National Egg Coordination Committee, AIDS Awareness Campaign, Luminous India
- In the Year 2012, Saina Nehwal signed Rs.40crore deal with Rhiti sports management for three years which made her India’s first highest paid non-cricket sportsperson and one of the world’s highest earning badminton player, but she finished this deal before the stipulated time and switched to KWAN in 2013 with confidential amount of deal.
- Recently in August 2015, Saina has signed a Rs.25crore deal with IOS Sports Management Group for two years.
Brands Saina Nehwal has endorsed till now
Sahara India Pariwar, Herbalife, Top Ramen Noodles, Fortune Cooking Oil, Indian Overseas Bank, Vaseline, Sahara, Yonex.
- Recently Suresh Raina has signed a three-year deal of Rs.35crore with IOS sports and entertainment after ditching his old association with Rhiti Sports by the statement “I won’t be the no.2 player in this company (IOS)”.
Brands Suresh Raina has endorsed till now
Adidas, Boost, Pepsi, a Real-estate company in UP.
- Initially in the year 2005, Kolkata-based celebrity Management Company Gameplan has signed Dhoni but then in 2010 Dhoni signed Rs.210 crore deal with Rhiti Sports and Mangement, this company was founded by Dhoni’s close friend Arun Pandey.
- MS Dhoni recently topped 23rd position in the Forbes richest sportsperson’s list and he is the one who had broken the endorsement monopoly created by the agents in the Sachin Tendulkar era.
Brands Dhoni has endorsed till now
Pepsico Reebok Exide TVS Motors, Mysore Sandal Soap, Videocon, Reliance Communications, Reliance Energy, Orient PSPO Fan, Bharat Petroleum Titan Sonata Brylcreem NDTV, GE Money, Siyaram, Fashion at Big Bazaar, Maha Choco, Boost, Dainik Bhaskar, Dabur Honey, Kolkata Fashion Week, Aircel communications, Nova Scottia Premium shirts,Amrapali.
- In the year 2008, after U-19 world cup, Bunty Sajdeh (Sports Agent) of Cornerstone sport and Entertainment was signed Virat Kohli at the very young age and they both are together till now, during this time- period Kohli had have signed one of the most popular and expensive deals, Kohli’s bat deal with MRF was one of the most high-priced deal in the Indian cricket History.
- This 26 years old cricketer is one of the youngest sportsperson entering into Rs.100 crore club with Cornerstone, in 2014 Kohli has signed Rs.30 crore deal with Adidas for one year, Rs.6.5 crore with MRF, Rs.5crore deal with Audi India for18 months.
Brands Kohli has endorsed till now
PepsiCo, Boost, Munch, Clear hair care, Royal Challenge, Adidas, MRF, Mattel, Oakley, TVS Motors and Vicks, Fastrack, Sangam Suitings, Fair and Lovely, Herbalife, Flying Machine, Red Chief Shoes, Toyota Motors, Celkon Mobiles, Cinthol and 3C Company.
(Pictures courtesy: Google Search Engine)
Comments via Facebook
Latest posts by Ekta Khangawal (see all)
- Video Interview of archery coach Kuldeep Kumar Vedwan #rawinterviews #asianparagames2018 - October 7, 2018
- Sports, intellectual property rights and personality rights – Lecture by Subhash Bhutoria (Partner Krida Legal) PART 1 - September 24, 2018
- Carrying Tiranga on top of Vinson Massif – Fundraising #ExplorerGrandSlam - September 21, 2018