Let’s have a quick look at today’s sports news :-
- A cartoon of Serena Williams that has been widely condemned as a racist depiction of the tennis great has been partially reprinted on the front page of the Melbourne-based newspaper that initially published it.
- The Herald Sun newspaper printed an edited portion of the cartoon — featuring 23-time Grand Slam winner Williams jumping on a broken racket during her dispute with a chair umpire during the US Open final — among caricatures of other famous people Wednesday under the headline “Welcome to PC World.”
- Kidambi Srikanth entered quarterfinals of the $700,000 Japan Open but PV Sindhu and HS Prannoy lose their chance.
- 22 year old, Moto2 star, Romano Fenati who was sacked by Moto2 team on Monday, has now announced his retirement from the sport. Romano Fenati was sacked by his team for grabbing his opponents brake lever during Sunday’s San Marino Grand Prix.
- Veteran cricketer Gautam Gambhir wore a dupatta and a bindi to support transgenders at an event in New Delhi.
- Carlos Ramos, the chair umpire who penalized Serena Williams in the US Open final has spoken publicly for the first time since the match, saying he is “fine.”
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Rohit Sharma left for Dubai on Thursday to take part in Asia Cup.
Comments via Facebook
Founder and Editor, Law student at Faculty of Law, Law Centre I, University of Delhi
Latest posts by Ekta Khangawal (see all)
- Sports Slices of the day – 18th Sept 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Grand Slam Rules and 3-code violation fine for Serena Williams #Sportslaw - September 17, 2018
- Sports Slices of the day – 15th Sept 2018 - September 15, 2018