Let’s have a quick look to today’s sports news :-
- Former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has said that omission of batting all-rounder Glenn Maxwell from the 15-member squad for the upcoming two-match Test series against Pakistan is a bit confusing for him as he did not get what exact message the selectors are trying to convey.
- Hockey India on Wednesday dropped the name of former skipper Sardar Singh from the 25-member core group for the upcoming national camp, which will begin from September 16 at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium, Bhubaneswar.
Following are the full Indian squad for the national camp:
Goalkeepers- PR Sreejesh, Suraj Karkera, Krishan Bahadur Pathak
Defenders- Harmanpreet Singh, Rupinder Pal Singh, Gurinder Singh, Varun Kumar, Kothajit Singh Khadangbam, Surender Kumar, Jarmanpreet Singh, Pardeep Singh
Midfielders- Manpreet Singh, Chinglensana Singh Kangujam, Sumit, Simranjit Singh, Nilakanta Sharma, Hardik Singh, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay, Vivek Sagar Prasad
Forwards- S V Sunil, Akashdeep Singh, Gurjant Singh, Mandeep Singh, Dilpreet Singh, Sumit Kumar
- Former Indian skipper Sardar Singh is likely to announce his retirement from International hockey.
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) held presentations and discussions with the state governments of Assam, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra to explore the possibility of conducting the Khelo India Youth Games in their respective capitals, next year.
Comments via Facebook
Latest posts by Ekta Khangawal (see all)
- Sports Slices of the day – 18th Sept 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Grand Slam Rules and 3-code violation fine for Serena Williams #Sportslaw - September 17, 2018
- Sports Slices of the day – 15th Sept 2018 - September 15, 2018