Let’s have a quick look to today’s sports news :-
- Indian team is aiming to climb out of the bottom half of the points table and fine-tuning preparations for the 2018 ICC Women’s World T20 while taking on Sri Lanka in the three-match ODI series in September.
- FIFA have announced the nominees for the FIFPro World XI, and there are 10 Barcelona players on the shortlist.
- Paul Pogba has once again spoken on the rumors linking him to a switch from Manchester United to FC Barcelona. Speaking to the French TV show Téléfoot, Pogba said: “I have a contract. If you don’t see me with a Barça shirt on, it’s because I’m at United. Those are just rumors.”
- Newly-crowned US Open champion Naomi Osaka has made a jump of 12 places to acquire the seventh spot in Women’s Tennis Association Ranking (WTA).
- Pakistan skipper Sarfraz Ahmed has said that the players who were not given the chance to represent the country in the upcoming Asia cup should not lose hope and added that they would get more opportunities in the coming time.
- Former England skipper Alastair Cook on Monday became the most successful left-hand batsman in Test cricket as he surpassed former Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara’s figure of 12400 runs in the longest format of the game.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Sunday announced that it has granted ODI status to all matches in the upcoming Asia Cup 2018.
- Ladakh Scouts Regiment on Sunday dominated the Ladakh Marathon by claiming the top positions in the prestigious tournament.
Comments via Facebook
Founder and Editor, Law student at Faculty of Law, Law Centre I, University of Delhi
Latest posts by Ekta Khangawal (see all)
- Sports Slices of the day – 18th Sept 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Grand Slam Rules and 3-code violation fine for Serena Williams #Sportslaw - September 17, 2018
- Sports Slices of the day – 15th Sept 2018 - September 15, 2018