The 2nd Para Shooting Camp was taken place on 1st to 3rd of April in Chennai Rifle Club, Egmore by the renowned shooting sports promotion company of India SportzCraft Inc. with the association of FICCI-Sports, Sports Physical Education Fitness & Leisure Skills Council and with the support of NGOs Yes We Too Can and Global Aid.
The 3-day camp was focussed on the introduction of scope, development and career in shooting sport for differently abled individuals and para-athletes.
The main objectives of the camp were :
- Registration assistance to para-shooters in Indian Paralympic Committee
- The introduction of the scope of para-shooting
- Advantages of shooting sports – concentration, self-worth, and achievements
- The introduction of operations and management of shooting ranges and weapons
- Introduction to the frame of tournaments, championships and competitions which happen every year in shooting sports and the ladder to success in achieving International acclaim
- How the shooting sport can help further in career of shooters
- On-field training and shooting practice on 10M shooting range
- Shooting competition among the attendees on the final day of camp
Para-Sport is a naive area in its circumstances and growing with a constant pace with participation of differently-abled sportspersons in almost all sports disciplines. Also, shooting is one of the most preferred sport in para-sports fields and a good number of para-shooters are participating in national and international tournaments every year.
This camp was organised to produce more para-shooters in upcoming years and spreading awareness on adopting shooting sports for a healthy and hopeful lifestyle for differently abled individuals. Rajeev Malik and Naresh Sharma are two of the emerging champions of Para-Shooting in India. More differently abled people are adopting shooting as a sport to pursue as shooting requires more concentration, discipline, muscle strength and less physical activity but physical fitness is necessary which can be achieved through light muscle exercises and activities.
Para-athletes were introduced to shooting from the beginner’s level with practical sessions from the first step; selection of weapon, weapon handling techniques, basic techniques of triggering and holding exercises for enhanced shooting performances.
This Camp had more than 28 participants from all over Tamil Nadu. Mr D.V. Seetharama Rao, Secretary General, NRAI and the officials of Chennai Rifle Club and Tamil Nadu Rifle Association encouraged and motivated the para-athletes with interactive sessions and discussions on para sports and its future.
“This is just a start of the revolution in para-shooting, we are working to provide them more exposure and valuable lifestyle and I would like to thank National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for the encouragement and support they have provided to SportzCraft to take up this Initiative and organise more such Introductory Shooting Camps for Para Athletes”, Said Mr Vipen Vig, Promoter, SportzCraft Inc.
About SportzCraft Inc. SportzCraft Inc. is a non-profit organisation which is a direct affiliate of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI), the apex body of Shooting Sports in India. SportzCraft Inc. is the only ISO 9001:2008 Shooting Sports Organization and awarded The Best Company Promoting Sports (Pvt. Sector) at the FICCI India Sports Awards – 2014.
Comments via Facebook
The whole idea is to grow sports culture where sports are not only about playing but also about those heroes working off field to develop country through sports, bringing change to the society through it and making India a better place for sports lovers.
Latest posts by SportsGranny Author (see all)
- Olivier Niggli Begins New Role as WADA Director General - July 2, 2016
- Top female sports anchors in India - July 2, 2016
- Manav defends his Junior title; Reeth upsets Mouma – Junior Boys champion - June 29, 2016